avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Fortress] Dispose and dependencies
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 16:13:10 GMT
Peter Royal wrote:
> On Thursday, May 15, 2003, at 11:47  AM, Leif Mortenson wrote:
>
>> This is causing me problems so I'll go in and take a look at it.  Does
>> the
>> above sound Ok for Fortress?  Or was there a plan for how this was
>> supposed to work?  It may be obvious once I dig into the code.
>

> Sounds okay to me... I don't know of any other plans (I imagine Berin
> would have spoken up if he had any) .. it'll just be imperative that
> components always release components that they've lookup()'d in order
> for that to work properly.
> -pete

Actually I have been busy writing a Directed Acyclic Graph utility that
#1 verified if there were any circular dependencies, and #2 sort the
components so that all dependencies are tracked in order.  The
topological sort algorithm is pretty quick, and the algorithm itself
is reusable.

I really wanted to use it for the bundle API I am working on--but I
can port it over to Fortress as well.

The only thing remaining is to add support for Fortress to track
dependencies and we can ensure a proper shutdown order (and even
a startup order...).

-----Chris Rock