avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Followup: [Fortress] [Novice question] why are values copied from m_rootContext to m_childContext?
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 13:55:22 GMT
Anton Tagunov wrote:
> Hello, Berin!
>
> BL> If you would like to generate a diff for me, I would be more than happy
> BL> to apply it.
>

> I have proposed two alternative diffs under another branch.
>
> Patch #1 is more conservative:
> m_childContext is still a child of m_rootContext.
>
> Patch #2 is more agressive:
> we copy all we want from m_rootContext and the rest is not
> made accessible (we do not tie to m_rootContext as parent)

Oh.  I see.  I already applied Patch #1, and thought that
they were addressing different things.  I also enhanced the
test to ensure that items set in a parent context are
respected in the child context.

Could you verify your changes work with this arrangement?

It is very important for a containers to be able to contain
other containers.

What is the scope of change in Patch #2 that was not
done in Patch #1?

-----Chris Rock