avalon-dev mailing list archives

From kristian meier <kristian.me...@jentro.com>
Subject merlin meta-tool
Date Tue, 13 May 2003 15:10:10 GMT
Hi,

I played around with the meta-generator task. one question was why it
generates .xtype files ? I always use .xinfo for merlin.

there is the common case where I just extends AbstractLogEnabled and
don't  overwrite the enableLogging method. in
this case I can not create a new logger channel. somehow I wish to
define it in the class-scope instead of the method-scope.

similiar things hold for the service method, furthermore the tags should
be examine going down the class-hierachy.

I needed adjust the AbstractTag class to resolve the type recursivley in
the inheritance hierachy, then some inheritance can be used
in the services. if a type can not be resolved I now throw a
RuntimeException to indicate the ant user what is wrong.

just let me know and than I will send these patches.

Kristian