avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [OT] .Net better than Java in some ways
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 10:18:13 GMT

Leo Simons wrote, On 11/05/2003 11.07:
> since we're OT already....
>> I personally hate the Capital Letters In Method Names too. (;-)).
>
> +1 to that.

It's how a programmer understands the Java suggested notation at a first
glance... so IMHO they did look at Java, but did they really work with
it? ;-P

>> And personally I think Java is more sweet from a language point of view.
>
> So far, I like get{} / set{}, for <blah> in <list>, the event mechanism,

> and some other things in C# a lot.

  -  get{} / set{} and other amenities, look here:

        http://www.geocities.com/csharpfaq/

    maybe you'll be surprised to see the pitfalls ;-)

)

  - the event mechanism: JDK 1.4 already a this utility class
    that uses Proxies.  Look at
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/docs/api/java/beans/EventHandler.html

    You can do:

    myButton.addActionListener(
     (ActionListener)EventHandler.create
                (ActionListener.class, frame, "toFront"));

    instead of

    //Equivalent code using an inner class instead of EventHandler.
    myButton.addActionListener(new ActionListener() {
            frame.toFront();
        }
    });

             - verba volant, scripta manent -