avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: block/service vs api/impl all across Avalong
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 13:23:12 GMT

Anton Tagunov wrote:

>Hello, Avalon Team!
>
>Are out-siders allowed to comment? :-)

Absolutely!

>I'm just now learning Avalon - and I must confess that
>the block/service sounds a great deal difficulter to
>remember/comprehend then api/impl. In fact I'll have
>to save the mail that explains this into a separate file and consult
>it very often -- as soon as I close it I forget what
>is block and what is service. Doesn't api/impl sound
>a great deal more intuitive?
>
>If you're going to make it uniform accross avalon and
>want to make the learning curve less steap -- maybe
>api/impl would be nicer?

Hey - I agree with you :-)

I personally think the service/block is relevant in the context of
Cornerstone for historical reasons but its isn't something I would like
to see propergated outside of that context.

Anyone else have an opinion on this?

Steve.

>SM> location remains at cornerstone.  Anyway, I am going to go ahead and
>SM> switch from "impl" to "block" and from "api" to "service"- after that
>

>WBR Anton

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org
http://www.osm.net