avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Future Direction for Avalon
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 06:48:04 GMT

Noel J. Bergman wrote, On 06/05/2003 2.38:

>>Today Excalibur is largely utilities. Cornerstone is exclusively
>>components.
>

>>I prefer the Excalibur == utility implementations and
>>Cornerstone == component delivery.
>

> I consider that to be a fairly significant distinction, too.  Reusable
> components/services that follow that are containable vs utility classes.
> Berin does not seem to be saying that they are going to be part of the same
> package.  Nicola Ken made a similar merger back in November.  I am not sure
> why, but since it comes up often, I'm interested to understand why.  Perhaps
> it is the idea of cutting the number of perceived sub-projects in favor of
> fewer, larger ones.

  Repository excalibur   = Avalon.getRepository("excalibur");
  Repository cornerstone = Avalon.getRepository("cornerstone");
  Repository avalon      = Avalon.getRepository("avalon");
  Repository sandbox     = Avalon.getRepository("sandbox");
  Repository jc          = Jakarta.getRepository("commons");

  Projects utility = excalibur.get("utility-projects");
  AvalonCommunity.transfer(utility, jc);
  AvalonCommunity.transfer(utility, sandbox);
  if(!utility.isEmpty()){
    avalon.compatibility().add(utility.getItems());
  }

  Projects containerUtils = excalibur.get("containerUtils");
  AvalonCommunity.transfer
             (AvalonCommunity.merge(containerUtils), avalon);

  Projects containers = excalibur.get("containers");
  AvalonCommunity.transfer
             (AvalonCommunity.merge(containers), avalon);

  Projects excaliburComponents = excalibur.get("components");

  excalibur.removeAllExcept(excaliburComponents );
  AvalonCommunity.transfer
             (cornerstone.getProjects(), excalibur);

  cornerstone.removeAll();
  cornerstone = null;

  AvalonComponentsList virtualRepository = new AvalonComponentsList();

  virtualRepository.add(excalibur);
  virtualRepository.add(Jakarta.getRepository("turbine").avalon());
  virtualRepository.add(DB.getRepository("ojb").avalon());

  Avalon.getSite().add(virtualRepository.toForrest());

             - verba volant, scripta manent -