avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject about cornerstone
Date Fri, 02 May 2003 17:18:38 GMT

With the Excalibur component release process near completion, I have
been thinking about the release process for the cornerstone components
and how we should proceed.  Historically a single cornerstone.jar file
has been used in projects like James. More recently a set of
component-centric build definitions have been put in place enabling the
creation of specific jar files per component (driven mainly by James
requirements).  I think it is time to take that a step further and put
in place separate projects for the respective cornerstone components.

This is what I have in mind:

   cornerstone
     [component-a]
     [component-b]
     etc.

I would like to start of with a focus on the following components:

   connection
   datasource
   store
   threads
   scheduler

I already have Maven based builds for all of the above which I would
like use as a starting point.  Secondly, I would like to introduce a
separation between APIs and implementation jar files for each component.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions before I start on this?

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org