avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Politics
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 22:35:42 GMT

Peter Royal wrote:

> stephen: PLEASE TRIM YOUR QUOTES!

Sorry!

> On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 02:46  PM, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>
>> I do not consider Peter as a peer.
>

> If this is an immutable position we have a problem.

It is not an immutable position. Steve has a rather open interface and
any methods exposed by that interface are available to everyone here.
Keep in mind that to avail one self of these methods, one must take the
prerequisite steps of establishing a classloader containing the
interface definition and related classes.  One method that that is
additive and outside of my direct control is the function
Avalon.positiveEnagement().  Steve has registered a listener on this
class, and irrespective of any other action, continued invocation of the
positiveEngagement function has a direct impact on my personal state
machine.

For additional information about the related API and functionality
available, please feel free to post a follow-up and I'll try to put
together the complete picture including expected parameters and
exception conditions.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell