avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Politics
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 18:46:51 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> Berin Loritsch wrote:

>>> I must admit Steve, that is a real perverse interpretation of what
>>> you wrote in that mail.
>>

>> I was not interpriting what I wrote - I was replying to Noel's
>> assertion that my post was made in anger. I wanted to correct that
>> assumption and make it clear that if anything, I should be accused of
>> being deliberate and calculated.
>>

>>> I quote:
>>>
>>> "I can.
>>> Dismiss Peter Donald from Avalon."
>>

>> Lets place in context. Peter raised an assertion that his vision of
>> the future of Avalon was a functional necessity with respect to the
>> health of this community. Let me remind you on the conclusion he
>> postulated:
>

> <snip type="justification"/>
>
> The bottom line is this: that language and attitude will not be
> tolerated.

What language are you referring to? What is this attitude that offends?
I am simply expressing an opinion - an opinion that you have chosen to
label as justification.  That's a shame because I happen to think that I
opinions I've put forward are opinions that you consider with perhaps a
little more than 4 mins.

> Either learn to respect your peers or leave.

I do respect my peers.
I do not consider Peter as a peer.
Should I leave now or should I make an attempt at getting to the bottom
of the problem?

> It is not my job to be a baby sitter, nor do I want to make it my job.

Did I ask for a babysitter? No.
I expressed an opinion - a bunch of observation, some conclusions, some
comments and suggestions. If you have an opinion on any of those points
I will be more that happy to discuss those with you.  Let's leave
babysitting out of this for the moment.

> All the other stuff that you sited is #1 irrelavent to the point
> raised, and #2 does not justify what you wrote.

You asked how I could possibly consider my own comments as
constructive.  I responded to your question with a detailed summary that
addresses what I consider to be the real underlying issues.  I agree
that one could consider my conclusion as "heavy".  I think you must also
consider this conclusion in the light of the sustained damage that Peter
is doing to Avalon. Please take into consideration that the continuation
of this damage is not an acceptable scenario.  I have made my position
clear, I think we should work with Peter to facilitate a separation and
an end to damage.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell