avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Politics
Date Thu, 01 May 2003 17:14:15 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Noel J. Bergman wrote:
>
>>> WOW, that was one constructive email... Shows real team spirit and
>>> respect for other team members!
>>>

>> Let's ignore that particular comment that you noted, as a moment of
>> poorly
>> chosen display of temper.
>

> To the contrary - my brief but pointed reply to Pete's message was
> calmly worded with a deliberate and calculated objective.  To (a) negate
> the credibility of his own message in the eyes of future Google
> navigators (after all, there were more a couple of rather disparaging
> comments that needed to be negated), and (b) express a conclusion based
> on a lot of thinking about the background issues, and taking into
> account the best interests of Peter and this community.

I must admit Steve, that is a real perverse interpretation of what
you wrote in that mail.

I quote:

"I can.
Dismiss Peter Donald from Avalon."

How on earth can that be construed in any way, shape, or form as
constructive?  How is that supposed to engender good will toward
Peter, when it appears that he is at least putting something on
the table that can go towards more discussion?

<hat type="PMC Chair">

To make it clear to all involved, the Stephen's comment is the
viewpoint of Stephen alone.  It is not the official position of
the PMC.

The rest of us are trying to reach a common ground.  Some of us
are somewhat frustrated when Peter takes such absolutist stances,
but we must come to a middle ground.

</hat>

-----Chris Rock