avalon-dev mailing list archives

From J Aaron Farr <jaaronf...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [RT] you make the decision?
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 14:07:03 GMT

--- Leo Simons <leosimons@apache.org> wrote:
> ----
>
> I think it would be nice if someone with a need or desire for promoting
> avalon, knowledge of all technologies listed and some writing skill
> would take the bait and write a "You Make The Decision"-style document.
>
> You guys agree? Is there an interest in this? How should we approach
> things? What should be compared?
>
> ----

I agree 100%.  I've often found myself promoting Avalon and inevitably the
developers return with questions similar to what you mentioned:

"It looks interesting, but, what does it do again?"

Contrasting Avalon to potentially more familiar technologies would go a long
way in helping comprehension.  One part of this could be taking an entire
application and showing a J2EE approach verus an Avalon approach.  Perhaps an
Avalon Petstore?

Anyway, I'm interested in helping out.

jaaron