avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [logkit] getHead/getTail in AbstractOutputTarget
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 02:31:14 GMT
On Fri, 23 May 2003 07:14 am, Peter Royal wrote:
> My use-case:
>
> I plan to use the XMLFormatter to output log files as XML. I would like
> to be able to write a header that will spit out the XML declaration, as

that was the original use case IIRC. It just never got finished properly.

> How to do it?:

Keep backwards compatability by adding a new interface - maybe

DecoratingFormatter extends Formatter

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| We shall not cease from exploration, and the |
|  end of all our exploring will be to arrive  |
|  where we started and know the place for the |
|            first time -- T.S. Eliot          |