avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Unified project for Avalon Tools
Date Fri, 23 May 2003 02:28:02 GMT
On Wed, 21 May 2003 10:41 pm, Peter Royal wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 21, 2003, at 04:43  AM, Peter Donald wrote:
> > The Phoenix tools jar depends on internal representations in Phoenix
> > and a lot
> > more metadata and validation tools. It is also scheduled for a complete
> > rewrite (either for 4.1 or maybe 4.2 can't access jira atm) so no use
> > in
> > moving it now.
>
> Would you be talking about
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key=PNIX-14 ,
>
> "When MetaClass matures, stabilizes and has good coverage for all it's
> unit tests we should migrate to it for our native metadata format.
> Internally we can use MetaClass to represent the information but it can
> be loaded from multiple sources - even aggregated from several sources.
> ie MXInfo + BlockInfo can be aggregated into a single MetaClass
> instance for legacy support."
>
> ?
>
> I did a quick scan through jira and nothing jumped out as me as
> rewrite, but there were several items relating to the metadata.

That will require re-re-write ;) But I don't think thats scheduled to 4.2 and
the next release will not have it. However I think there is a raft of changes
that I wanted to incoporate so as to merge mxinfo into ComponentInfo and also
perform better validation of same. There is also validation of schema
presence and a few other enhancements wrt validation of array/map
dependencies.

Anyways as soon as I get a chance I will go through and aggregate them under a
central issue that links to all the others as dependents. I will also make
sure that all of the issues from Bugzilla made it across to Jira (I am not
sure that the MXInfo stuff did).

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald