avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Unified project for Avalon Tools
Date Wed, 21 May 2003 08:43:22 GMT
The Phoenix tools jar depends on internal representations in Phoenix and a lot
more metadata and validation tools. It is also scheduled for a complete
rewrite (either for 4.1 or maybe 4.2 can't access jira atm) so no use in
moving it now.

Previously we had a decoupled version that only used qdox but it is no longer
maintained. For the time being it would be easier to just hand-hack the
descriptors.

On Tue, 20 May 2003 11:36 pm, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> I would like to propose an Excalibur project to house the Fortress and
> Phoenix ANT tasks.  It can potentially grow to allow a CLI mechanism to
> allow a user to run meta generation tasks, etc. as well.  That way we
> can avoid the circular dependency cycle that would be required for the
> ant task builds and the other projects if we include those ant tasks
> in the component products like Datasource, XMLUtil, Store, and Source
> Resolver.
>
> I want to make it easy to manage these projects so that the resultant
> distributable is usable in all containers.

Cheers,

Peter Donald
Dating a women is like driving in a foreign country. You
don't know what side of the road your on, you can't understand
the signs and you certainly don't want to ask for directions
but it usually worth the ride.