avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Spearhead idea
Date Thu, 15 May 2003 13:06:28 GMT
On Thu, 15 May 2003 08:07 pm, Daniel Krieg wrote:
> I have noticed discussions both here and in the user list regarding
> strategies used to access Avalon containers from a J2EE environment
> (either web or EJB component).  Recommendations have been made to create
> a JNDI factory that instantiates the container so that J2EE client
> components can access the container via JNDI.

I don't think factorys have ever been seriously proposed for this - at least I
hope no one seriously proposed this.

> I however have not seen anyone suggest the use of J2EE Connector
> Architecture (nor do I know if it's even feasible -- no JCA experience,
> yet).  But, since no one has suggested it and there is a clear need to
> access Avalon containers from a J2EE environment, I thought it might be
> community "food for thought" regarding the Spearhead implementation.

The last revision had some problems but the latest revision (is it 1.1 or
1.2?) is actually the recomended way to integrate this architecture into
J2EE. When J2EE 1.4 is released and supported (is it yet?) then it would be a
great idea. Because then the containers themselves can provide the tools to
map the services into JNDI.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald