avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Anton Tagunov <atagu...@mail.cnt.ru>
Subject Re: [Fortress/Event] catching runtime exceptions
Date Sun, 25 May 2003 09:30:58 GMT
Hello Filip!

FD> I'm looking for a way to trap the exceptions that my components
FD> generate... Fortress
FD> by default 'just' displays the exceptions to stdout. In my case, as soon
FD> as any component
FD> generates any exception, this is a serious problem and I need to take
FD> some measures..

I understand that you want to get e-mail notifications or something
alike? That is very much possible. To achive this you should make
use of logger in your components, maybe with .error() in case of
the most serious errors you want notification about. Then you should
learn to configure your logging system.

I'm not good at this at all (yet to study :-) but I
understand that you may configure either
Logkit or Log4j. I beleive both of them have facilities for
sending e-mail notification.
Clue: if you do not know where to start try it with Logkit.

The logging system in Fortress is configured via the

FortressConfig.setLoggerManagerConfiguration(
    path-to-logkit-configuration-file)

Fortress contains the following sample

    src/test/o/a/a/fortress/test/data/test1.xconf

Unoftunantly this all the help that I personally can offer you,
but maybe others can.

Try to refer to the documentation on the
http://avalon.apache.org
site and to documentation on logkit/log4j

I beleive you may also find experienced Avalon
users ready to help you at users@avalon.apache.org

- Anton