avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Introducing jakarta-regexp dependency in sourcersolver
Date Fri, 30 May 2003 13:34:50 GMT
Hi all,

quick background: I'm working on improving relative URL resolving in the
sourceresolver. For this I need to parse the structure of an URL, and
I'm using a regexp for this (using jakarta-regexp).

So I'm now looking at what is involved with introducing the dependency
on jakarta-regexp. This is what I found out (please correct me where I'm
wrong):

* the jar should be added to the avalon-excalibur/lib directory

* an entry should be added to the libraries.properties file

* entries could be added to the default.properties of sourceresolve and
dependend projects (xmlutil, fortress), but this does not seem to be
technically required. Maybe it's only used for documenting dependencies
or so?

* the jar should be added to the project.class.path for the
sourceresolve project, and to the test.class.path for the dependend
projects (xmlutil, fortress).

* add a "checkJakartaRegexp" entry to depchecker.xml and call it from
sourceresolver's build.xml

* update the gump descriptor

Anything else?