avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Praher <jpra...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [OT] .Net better than Java in some ways
Date Mon, 12 May 2003 10:40:45 GMT
Am Mon, 2003-05-12 um 03.31 schrieb Sam Ruby:
> Jakob Praher wrote:
> > Am Son, 2003-05-11 um 11.07 schrieb Leo Simons:
> >
> >>since we're OT already....
> >>
> >>here's a nice link:
> >>
> >>http://www.25hoursaday.com/CsharpVsJava.html
> >>
> >>"A COMPARISON OF MICROSOFT'S C# PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE TO SUN
> >>MICROSYSTEMS' JAVA PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE"
> >

> > thanks for the pointer - good technical comparison without marketing.
>
> FYI - the author is a Microsoft employee (and a personal friend).

ah. Thanks for the info Sam.
Interesting that he has a link to the LXR (linux cross reference) ;-)
plus he is running an Apache/1.3.24 :-)

http://www.25hoursaday.com/Mozilla_default.htm

on the other hand, if Joshua Bloch or Guy Steele had written a
comparison, I think it would have been technical as well.

-- Jakob