avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jakob Praher <jpra...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: [OT] .Net better than Java in some ways
Date Sat, 10 May 2003 06:27:45 GMT
Am Sam, 2003-05-10 um 06.13 schrieb Jakob Praher:
> hi Leo,
>
> it's 6 am in the morning, funny but this mail has catched my eyes - I
> had to reply. [ perhaps I should take a cup of java first ;-) ]
>
> Am Don, 2003-05-08 um 17.54 schrieb Leo Sutic:
> > http://comment.zdnet.co.uk/story/0,,t479-s2134382,00.html
> >
> > Basically, .Net is better than java in:
> >

> I think all the features that are offered by .NET can be built into
> Java. And I think that jar bundling and class loading concept is insofar
> interesting as you can build an assembly like behaviour.
This is sentence should be:
I think most of the features that are offered by .NET can be built on
top of Java. Plus Java 1.5 will be very interesing, for instance the
Application Iosolation API, which by then should be in J2SE (JanosVM
already comes with it today - but this is a research vm, for distributed
scenarios)