avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject DefaultLogKitManager Bug(?)
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2003 09:56:59 GMT
Hello,

in line 249 of DefaultLogKitManager.java (current release) there is this
line:

ContainerUtil.enableLogging( targetFactoryManager, getLogger() );

Now, this line is called in DefaultLogKitManager's configure method -
but how can getLogger() be called in the configure method? I'm only just
configuring it (with a logkit.xconf file), so obviously getLogger() must
return null. Indeed it does and an exception is thrown from within
ContainerUtil:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: logger is null

So, is this a bug or how can I make getLogger() return a valid logger,
even though I'm only just in the process of configuring the logging?

cheers,

Ulrich