avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: [RT] Distilling the requirements for Block Support
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 10:15:11 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Now, you objected to the term Block for what I was proposing.  Fine.
> However, Cocoon and GUIApp have similar needs, as I am sure many
> other applications will.  If we don't call it a Block we can call it
> a Plugin, or some other name--I don't care what its called.  I just
> care that we have something that works.

A German saying goes: Names are just sound and smoke. Umberto Eco sees
it differently. Take your pick :)

Personally, I think the term "block" should be avoided like all terms,
which refer to something that actually exists and is used. Otherwise
we'll later talk about "Avalon blocks" vs. "Phoenix blocks" vs. "Cocoon
blocks" and things become fuzzy.

Ulrich