avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cornerstone to sandbox?
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 08:56:05 GMT
Ulrich Mayring wrote:
> Leo Simons wrote:
>>
>> It is much better for all companies on this planet, in the long term,
>> if they use only released software.
>
> In which case the Avalon project would not exist today.

uhm. Avalon is a project which releases software. Which fits rather well
with my view of the world, where you want to use released software, and
sponsor development of new, better software so that it will become
usable released software. Avalon exists (imo) because of programmers
deciding to do things right in their free time, then using what they
created in real life. Like many open source projects.

>> In the case of unreleased open source
>> software they want to use, well, they should devote some manpower to
>> getting it released. Part of why open source works. Moving cornerstone
>> to sandbox might force your company to tell you to work with us to
>> release cornerstone :D:D
>
> My company leaves me ample time to help OpenSource projects. Moving
> Cornerstone around will not in any way influence my boss, because he is
> not interested in CVS repositories or package names.

Not all IT managers are as smart as your boss :D

cheers!

- Leo