avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Ulrich Mayring <u...@denic.de>
Subject Re: Cornerstone to sandbox?
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:32:21 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Big companies are techy about open source.  An Apache brand help
> mitigate that, but still for many OSS usage is allowed at build time but
> not run time.  i.e. Use Maven, QDox, etc etc at build time - but "MUST
> USE WEBLOGIC" at runtime.  The word SandBox, helps those conservative
> architects flip back to 'niet'.
>
> Not the case for you? Or are you autonomous in your company?

I'm not autonomous by far, but the thing is, we don't have a choice. We
are using Cornerstone and can't just throw it away, no matter if it's
called Sandbox or not. It may be a problem for new customers, they may
shy away, if it's called Sandbox, but perhaps it would be wise not to
attract too many new customers before the release?

Anyhow, once you're using it, you're stuck with it :)

Ulrich