avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 08:17:53 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:
<snip/>
>> If its presence is necessary to the adoption of an ApacheORB,
>
> It is not necessary to adoption.
<snip/>
> Be patient!
<snip/>

The enterprise project has been "in transition" for a long long time now.

IIUC it is a fork/scratchpad/alternate impl/additional features of/for
the openorb project, by a member of the openorb project who also is a
committer (Steve). This code lives in the wrong location, namely where
the avalon PMC has a responsibility for it, which is wrong, since we do
not manage nor control the community which develops openorb and its
satellites.

This is *not* something which should take half a year. Since you jumped
badly at Berin's suggestion of a deadline, at least take away the
message we want you to really *speed up* with this. Furthermore, please
CC the avalon PMC on the (past) talks about legal stuff you are
referring to. As this stuff currently does live in avalon-land, we need
to be fully aware of that.

cheers!

- Leo