avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minimum Set of Tags (Revisited)
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 20:35:13 GMT
Loritsch wrote:

Stephen McConnell wrote:

Berin Loritsch wrote:

Stephen McConnell wrote:

Berin Loritsch wrote:

Stephen McConnell wrote:
		(okay, so I exaggerate :D)

>> The one complete document we have describing Avalon contracts:
>
> Disagree - "Developing with Avalon" describes ECM semantics.

DwA is not complete (and we are all to blame!), but it does not matter
whether it describes ECM semantics or avalon framework semantics at the
moment*: it is the paper that most people read when they start working
with avalon, and it does indeed describe semantics we want to keep
supporting for the foreseeable feature. Real-life semantics are, for the
purpose of these discussions, just as important as defined-by-contract
semantics. Don't get carried away into esotherical argument.

> Chers, Steve.

didn't she do a song with Beavis 'n Butthead? ;)

cheers!

- Leo

* wrt patching the paper, ECM-specific semantics should be replaced by
fortress-specific semantics and phoenix-specific semantics should be
documented too...but I only got halfway and no-one else seems to feel
like doing it...