avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Verifying Meta Tags
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2003 08:21:32 GMT
Berin Loritsch wrote:
> It is my inderstanding that we are OK with the following tags:

<snip/>

> Am I misunderstanding anything?

you might be.

FWIW (like said before), there is no consensus that it makes sense at
all to add any kind of metadata capability to fortress prior to a 1.0
release -- I'm not "OK" with it: it delays release, it hasn't received
enough testing, it makes the codebase fluctuate in a near-release
stadium, it adds more baggage to support in any container which wants to
support "all existing container setups" as you're adding a third model,
it results in another codebase we'll have to maintain which is very
similar to the ones in phoenix and in merlin, yet which has to
maintained seperately. Regardless, metadata capability can be added to
fortress later or developed seperately as an extension module, as your
own d-haven project has so nicely shown, so this move is not obeying the
KISS principle.

No veto from me here (as in short it is silly to veto good code on the
basis of a roadmap), but I definately don't agree.

cheers!

- Leo