avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <leosim...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving demo apps under phoenix
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2003 15:06:24 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Apr 2003 22:24, Leo Simons wrote:
>
>>Seriously, I'm something like +0. What's the point?
>
> To stop people getting confused about the demos. Quite a few people have been
> trying to run latest CVS demos with last release of phoenix. If the demos are
> in phoenix cvs there is not likely to be any confusion.

hmm. It worries me a little that the demos won't run in the last release
of phoenix, actually. Haven't bothered to look at the cause yet.

IMHO What we actually need is releases of the demos :D

>>I've had more than my share of moving ;). IMO we should finish cleanup
>>of the phoenix tree before doing YAR (Yet Another Restructuring).
>
> Exactly what needs to be done for this cleanup?

I'm a bit behind on current head so I think I'll only say silly things
when I go into that right now. Some things with question marks right now:

- why is there a src/api?
- how much of the containerkit stuff and other stuff re-included is
actually unused? (like the kernel subpackage. Does the phoenix kernel
use it?)
- how much of the content currently in src/java do we want to move to
src/compat?
- what is the relationship between phoenix/framework and phoenix/interfaces?

etc etc. We need to figure out where the seperation between tools and
server lies, probably restructure the ant file, then update the gump
definitions to reflect all that. But ignore these thoughts: I prolly
won't be working turning my attention to phoenix till excalibur is sorta
fixed.

cheers!

- Leo