avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Shash Chatterjee" <shash_l...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Instrumentation Help
Date Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:35:43 GMT
Hi,

Hate to bug, but we were looking at releasing initial Keel RSN, and would
love for instrumentation to be a working piece in it.  Any help/pointers
getting instrumentation to work is very much appreciated.

Let me rephrase the questions:

- Should I be using a different version of the instrumentation client, with
the released versions of instr. manager/APIs?  If so, what and where?
(recap: I built client from CVS HEAD as of a couple days back).

- If not, has anyone had any luck getting the client to connect
(particularly to a Fortress-based server)?

- From the debug printout, looks like the client was able to retrieve the
correct list of published services from the server. I couldn't find
AltrmiGeneratedInstrumentManagerClient_Main anywhere in the AltRMI or
Instrumentation JARs, so I am assuming this is a remote proxy of some kind
generated at runtime?  Any clues about how I'd go about debugging this would
help.  Particularly, since I don't know where to get the latest AltRMI
sources/libs from.

Thanks in advance,
Shash