avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Shash Chatterjee" <shash_l...@hotmail.com>
Subject Instrumentation Help
Date Sat, 19 Apr 2003 15:31:18 GMT
Hi,

There isn't a released Instr. client, so I built one from CVS HEAD.  The
classpath points to the altRMI-0.92 JARs.  When I run the client (against
the released 1.0 instrument/instrument-manager server started by Fortress),
on the client side I get the following exception:

[DEBUG] Attempt to open a new connection to localhost:15555
[DEBUG] Connected. Listing Published Altrmi Objects At Server...
[DEBUG] [0]:InstrumentManagerClient
[DEBUG] Unable to open connection. Got an unexpected Altrmi exception.
org.apache.altrmi.common.ConnectionException: Generated class not found
during lookup : AltrmiGeneratedInstrumentManagerClient_Main
at
org.apache.altrmi.client.impl.ClientSideClassFactory.getInstance(ClientSideC
lassFactory.java:134)
at
org.apache.altrmi.client.impl.AbstractFactory.lookup(AbstractFactory.java:25
0)
at
org.apache.altrmi.client.impl.AbstractFactory.lookup(AbstractFactory.java:34
7)
at
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.client.InstrumentManagerConnection.open(Inst
rumentManagerConnection.java:425)
at
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.client.InstrumentManagerConnection.tryOpen(I
nstrumentManagerConnection.java:444)
at
org.apache.excalibur.instrument.client.InstrumentClientFrame.run(InstrumentC
lientFrame.java:175)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
[DEBUG] InstrumentClientFrame.shutdown()
[DEBUG] delete()
[DEBUG] close()

Any ideas what I need to change in my setup?

As an aside, I tried getting the latest AltRMI dist., but couldn't find a
download link anywhere on the incubator pages.

Thanks,
Shash