avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur Phase III Release Candidate 1
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 19:47:39 GMT
Unico Hommes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I played around with Fortress rc1 a bit. I particularly like the way you
> can embed meta information inside the java files. It took some digging
> to get it all working but I did make some progress. Perhaps there should
> be some documentation on the tools? I had to look at the test sources in
> order to find out how what the tag syntax was etc.
>
> One thing I did notice was that when running the collect meta task is
> that services.list is not replaced but services are appended. This means
> that after several runs instead of seeing:
>
> my.service
> my.other.service
>
> I am seeing
>
> my.service
> my.other.service
> my.service
> my.other.service
> my.service
> my.other.service
> etc.
>
> Is this behavior intended? The same goes for the /META-INF/services/*
> files

Thanks.  Actually no it is not intended.  I will fix it immediamente.

> Actually I found some documentation on the ant tasks in the javadocs
> under ServiceMetaManager just now:
>

>    <taskdef name="collect-metainfo"
> classname="org.d_haven.guiapp.tools.ComponentMetaInfoCollector">
>      <classpath>
>        <path refid="project.class.path"/>
>        <pathelement path="${tools.dir}/guiapp-tools.jar"/>
>      </classpath>
>    </taskdef>
>
>    <taskdef name="collect-services"
> classname="org.d_haven.guiapp.tools.ServiceCollector">
>      <classpath>
>        <path refid="project.class.path"/>
>        <pathelement path="${tools.dir}/guiapp-tools.jar"/>
>      </classpath>
>    </taskdef>
>

> - Shouldn't the package of the former be
> org.apache.avalon.fortress.tools?

Yes it should.  I originally wrote the javadocs before I backported
the tools.

> - What does the latter do and where can I find it?

Ah!  The ServiceCollector is no longer needed.  I originally had
two ANT tasks that was needed to generate all the meta information.
That is no longer the case.  You can ignore that, and I will have
to remove the reference.

-----Chris Rock