avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Bundles (was Re: [RT] Distilling the requirements for Block Support)
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 18:29:08 GMT
Leo Sutic wrote:
> I just realized I forgot the most important question:
>
>    Just what are we going to use bundles for?
>
> Will it be for entire applications? For individual components?

In GUIApp, and I believe in Cocoon as well, that the bundle
is between an "entire application" and "individual components".

For example, I want to provide a "Report" bundle to separate
out the report generation stuff for apps that don't need it,
or make it available if apps do need it.  Same with a
"User" bundle to have user management features on OSs w/o
a proper multi-user environment (or more commonly one OS
"user" for everyone).

So it is for Application _features_ that will be added in
as one whole bundle at a time.

-----Chris Rock