avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur Phase III List
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:41:26 GMT

Peter Donald wrote, On 18/04/2003 9.04:

>>>I prefer that people who are given access show a long term commitment to
>>>Avalon.
>>
>>It's just about the Components. As long as they show that they have a
>>commitment to the component they want to work on, it's fine with me.
>
> Last I heard the board is suggesting that projects should have flat permission
> and responsibility sets. So in that context it is not possible to have
> someone just interested in the component being a ocmmitter.

Reread my sentence, I said that they have commitment for a component,
not that they have seperate rights only on that component. They would
have access at least to the whole components repository.

The fact is that these are cross-project entities, and thus have to be
treated differently. A project (for these it's Avalon) supervises, while
other committers from other projects can partecipate.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -