avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [spearhead] random thoughts only :D
Date Fri, 18 Apr 2003 02:03:58 GMT

Leo Simons wrote:

> I am also still hoping for more entries into the most silly picture
> contest :D

Leo:

I'll have you know that you were the center of an international
controversy last night.  I explained to a couple of friends that this
particular "individual" named Leo Simons was requesting damaging and
incriminating information about yours truly.  I explained to my two
friends that in all honestly I could not locate any damaging or
incriminating evidence (irrespective of a sustained and systematic
assessment of all available digital information).  As it turns out
((much to my surprise) - one of these guys (SF origin whose name shall
not be disclosed here) claims to have multiple examples of digital
transgressions and other assorted memorabilia (this just goes to show
that you can't trust Americans no mater which coast they live on).

He requested that I provide him with this list address however I took
the 5th and for what it's worth it seems to have worked. However, you
will be pleased to know that actions are in place at a global scale to
bring together some digital content that will hopefully satisfy your
curiosity without necessarily breaching any recognized rules of conduct
(a.k.a plausible deniability).

As a side note - I don't have a digital camera - don;t like them - I
prefer an my old B&W Pentax (actually the Pentax isn't B&W but the film
is).  I took my first good picture on that camera back when I was about
a couple of younger than you are now.  I've still go that picture. One
of these shots was just plain magic (sort of like understanding Merlin
and hense this totally unnecessay email but I know Paul's reading so
I'll stop rambling and get to the punchline).

It's a picture of a jaguar leaping off the bonnet (hood) of a vehicle of
the same name - springtime, early morning, Hyde Park (Sydney Aust.) -
sun rising, due drop glistening on the cat's eye, the cat's alive, the
trees in the background - out of focus - like a jungle. It's an image
all about placing yourself in a particular point of abstraction and
having the confidence to let everything unfold.

Spot the parallel?

Cheers, Steve.

;-)

Stephen J. McConnell