avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Excalibur Phase III List
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:45:03 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:

>>From: Berin Loritsch [mailto:bloritsch@apache.org]
>>
>>AFAIK, the only people really using ThreadContext use it in
>>conjunction with Cornerstone ThreadManager.  How about
>>incorporating it there?
>>

>OK.
>
>I'm about to call a vote. Can you have a look at this and get
>any corrections in, and then I'll put it up for vote?
>
>Release-as-is list:
>
> + Compatibility (with Naming)
> + Fortress
> + Lifecycle
> + Store
> + XMLUtil
>
>Move list:
> + Extension     -> To: http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/discovery/ ?

http:/./jakarta.apache.org/commons/extension/   <-- i.e. new sub-project
in commons.

Keep in mind that the extension package is very specific.  It is about
the support of the extension tags declared in jar files. It is not a
general discovery solution - it simply is an implementation of a jar
path resolving mechanisms baseed on the extension tags included in jar
manifests in accordances with Sun's Openional Extensions Specification.

Cheers, Steve.

> + Loader        -> Extract from Attic, move to compatibility.
> + ThreadContext -> Cornerstone ThreadManager
> + Policy        -> Phoenix
> + XFC           -> Sandbox
>
>Berin, do you know any jakarta-commons people that we can talk to
>regarding Extension?
>
>/LS

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org