avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sandbox-[avalon5/resolver]
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:41:15 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:
> +1 from me for avalon5/. I've had several worried people asking about
> when we would be deprecating avalon4 in favor of "the new framework
> you're all working on".
>
> I have no idea what resolver is.

Provide some edumication--Avalon 5 is a long term proposal that is not
likely to see the light of day for a long time.  As to axing code
because "several worried people" are asking about when we would be
deprecating Avalon4" is not a good argument.  If the code makes sense
when we get a chance to work on it, we can keep it.  If it doesn't,
then we axe it at that time.  Right now, it represents our thoughts in
the past on what A5 would look like.  It is valuable information,
but only needs the proper disclaimers.

-----Chris Rock