avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Avalon Enterprise
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:46:08 GMT

Leo Sutic wrote:

>>From: Stephen McConnell [mailto:mcconnell@apache.org]
>>
>>There you go again - making assumptions.  Please go back of
>>the emails I
>>sent to you on this subject.  It is not in the interests of Avalon or
>>the OpenORB team for them to become committers here.
>>

>Stephen,
>
>you said that:
>
>"The content in Enterprise generally reflects (with some exceptions) an
>overlap between the distributing computing focus on the OpenORB project
>and the interests in distributed service management that arrise here."
>
>However, the "interests in distributed service management that arrise
>here" are non-existent. You are the only committer.

Leo:

I think you are mistaken. I am not the only person with the Avalon
community with interests related to distributed service management.

I have to confess that I find the re-occurring "only-committer" and "one
man show" comments as highly negative, misleading, and given the other
activities behind the scenes, rather frustrating. This content is going
to be refactored. That refactoring will take into account everyone’s
interests. Now is not the time to do that because all of the pieces are
not in place yet. If you or anyone else wants more information then
please post me an email privately.

>You say you have 12 people working on that code.

I did not say that.

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell