avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CVS Pruning instructions
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 20:28:09 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> 2) tar and gzip up the materials and store somewhere sensible (make sure
> to *NOT* exclude the CVS directories as some tar version do; this means
> we have lost lots of stuff in recent restructuring!)

We have?!?

Are you referring to the restructuring on the root avalon CVS?

If so, keep in mind that it is the REPOSITORY itself that was tar gzipd.
You can untar this, and set a CVSROOT folder right next to it.  Start
up a CVS daemon, and you can use it just as if it has always been live.

That means we also kept the history--not just the latest stuff as it
seems like you are suggesting.

-----Chris Rock