avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:43:36 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
>> That said, lets put a timeline on this.  If talks are not resolved by
>> June 10, 2003 (Two months from now) we will have to look at moving
>> Enterprise to a new location.  We aren't an application project, and
>> I don't want to start being one.
>

> -1
>
> To be honest I don't appreciate a deadline like that when a process is
> onging that involves several other people.  If you want a more detailed
> update I suggest you send an email to Greg directly.
>
> Please keep in mind that this is in process.

Here's the thing.  We have more than one cvs repos too many.  We also
have more than one "projects/apps" too many.  We are trying to focus on
our core art.  I think that limiting two months on something that has
been ongoing for what seems like a year or more is reasonable.

You yourself beleived that it would take anywhere between .5 months and
2 months.  I am trying to get us down to only the following CVS repos
(long term):

avalon
avalon-components (merge from excalibur/cornerstone)
avalon-sandbox
avalon-site

In the mid term I would like:

avalon
avalon-excalibur
avalon-cornerstone
avalon-sandbox
avalon-phoenix
avalon-site

In the short term, I would like to simply remove one more repo: apps.

It will require us to focus on what we do best, and only host components
that are truly generic (i.e. needed in many contexts).

(i.e. we remove apps)

-----Chris Rock