avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen McConnell <mcconn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:37:29 GMT

Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>> The OpenORB project over on SourceForge is in discussions with the
>> Board to bring the project into Apache.  This process may take
>> another couple of months - but it could equally take a couple of
>> weeks - this is largely related to wording on the agreement to donate
>> the code and the discussions are now very fine grained. Discussions
>> with the Board as to the process following resolution of the licese
>> donation have not commenced - however, it is fair to say that the
>> OpenORB team are keen to see the project as a top level Apache
>> iniative.  Policies established in the project concerning voting,
>> community, etc. were established to follow Apache guidelines in all
>> cases.  In fact it was a stated object over a year ago to model and
>> structure the project with this migration as an secific objective.
>> The project has several full releases under it's belt - has a
>> significant user community - and I believe will be able to achieve it
>> objective rapidly.
>

> That said, lets put a timeline on this.  If talks are not resolved by
> June 10, 2003 (Two months from now) we will have to look at moving
> Enterprise to a new location.  We aren't an application project, and
> I don't want to start being one.

-1

To be honest I don't appreciate a deadline like that when a process is
onging that involves several other people.  If you want a more detailed
update I suggest you send an email to Greg directly.

Please keep in mind that this is in process.

Cheers, Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org