avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 17:19:38 GMT
Stephen McConnell wrote:

> The OpenORB project over on SourceForge is in discussions with the Board
> to bring the project into Apache.  This process may take another couple
> of months - but it could equally take a couple of weeks - this is
> largely related to wording on the agreement to donate the code and the
> discussions are now very fine grained. Discussions with the Board as to
> the process following resolution of the licese donation have not
> commenced - however, it is fair to say that the OpenORB team are keen to
> see the project as a top level Apache iniative.  Policies established in
> the project concerning voting, community, etc. were established to
> follow Apache guidelines in all cases.  In fact it was a stated object
> over a year ago to model and structure the project with this migration
> as an secific objective. The project has several full releases under
> it's belt - has a significant user community - and I believe will be
> able to achieve it objective rapidly.

That said, lets put a timeline on this.  If talks are not resolved by
June 10, 2003 (Two months from now) we will have to look at moving
Enterprise to a new location.  We aren't an application project, and
I don't want to start being one.

If these are merely a large set of components, then they should be
placed where development components belong--which is not avalon-apps.

-----Chris Rock