avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:42:40 GMT
Paul Hammant wrote:
> Berin,
>
> +1
>
> I'd like to also propose that sevak becomes either :
>
> 1) Module avalon-sevak, package org.apache.avalon.sevak (or
> org.apache.sevak)
> 2) Module incubator-sevak, package org.apache.sevak
> 3) Module avalon-apps/sevak, repackage as org.apache.avalon.sevak from
> org.apache.avalon.apps.sevak

Let an app be an app.  It should be org.apache.sevak without
any "avalon" package in there.  It *uses* Avalon.

As to location--if it is strictly a wrapper for a web server,
then we need to look at hosting it outside Avalon.  I thought
that it had management functions in it for Phoenix so that
you could manage Phoenix through it.

-----Chris Rock