avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject [Proposal] Pruning Avalon Apps
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:14:24 GMT
Currently, just about all the "Avalon Apps" have a new home.  I would
like for Avalon to focus on Avalon, and not providing applications
unless they directly enhance the Avalon user experience.  That means
no FTPServer (already has a home at Incubator), or HTTPProxy (does
this have a home yet?), or Enterprise.  None of these are directly
related to Avalon or directly provide additional services to Avalon
projects.

Sevak and Phyre to my knowledge provide management functions for
Phoenix--so they are in line with what would be called an "allowable"
application.  It makes using Avalon products easier.

To that end, I would like to propose that we ensure that
HTTPProxy and Enterprise have a new home outside of the Avalon
umbrella.  Besides, the more external applications that we have
pointing people to Avalon, the more exposure we will have.

-----Chris Rock