avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Berin Loritsch <blorit...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Minimum Set of Tags (Revisited)
Date Wed, 09 Apr 2003 13:16:28 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 02:30, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>
> You are mistaken. Since early 2000 Phoenix has never supported such a notion
> and has always had the notion that component gets to decide which roles it
> implements and this is not the complete set of role interfaces.

It is this separate development process that has us in the predicament
we have today.  I documented all the contracts I knew of at that time.
We all need to get on the same page, and agree on the ONE set of
contracts that a component needs to obey.

No more separate containers.  Once we get Excalibur/Cornerstone/Phoenix
released, we need to concentrate on one container and work together--at
all costs.  Which means we need to be willing to work together, and it
also means that we need to be objective and look at the relative
strengths and weaknesses of the various containers we have today.  That
is for a future discussion--so we will wait on that.

-----Chris Rock