avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Where are we with the release candidate votes?
Date Sat, 05 Apr 2003 22:33:19 GMT
Leo Simons wrote:

> Sylvain,
>
> you broke monitor and I assume some other places by removing the
> getFile() method from URLSource.
>
> You can avoid making mistakes like this in the future by running the
> main excalibur build (preferably the test target) prior to a commit.
> Regardless of that, it's usually not a good idea to remove public or
> protected methods or members from released code.
>
> Could you please fix?

Fixed, sorry for the inconvenience.

Actually, URLSource.getFile() was added very recently by Berin to
encapsulate access to a previously protected field, which has been
removed because of some refactoring I made between FileSource and URLSource.

BTW, there is no "test" target at the excalibur level. I found that
"build-subprojects-dist" and "test-reports" task run the tests : is this
the way to go ?

Sylvain