avalon-dev mailing list archives

From "Terry Laurenzo" <TerryLaure...@amexbf.com>
Subject RE: CVS repository with corrupt entries ??
Date Thu, 03 Apr 2003 23:32:55 GMT
I have noticed that we get this problem when using CVSNT. By default it tries to convert all
line endings to Window's stupid way of looking at things... and then it does this badly in
many situations.

I have all of our Windows developers set the following environment variable:
	CVSUSEUNIXLF=True

I dug through the CVSNT sources to find this trick. It disables all line ending translations
and uses LF instead of CRLF in all control files in CVS directories. In short, it makes it
act like the Unix version... which IMHO is more sane.

I would think that it would be beneficial to have all commiters on Windows platforms add this
var. It won't fix the current problem but will prevent future corruption.

Just my 2 cents.
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From: Leo Simons [mailto:leosimons@apache.org]
Sent: Thursday, April 03, 2003 1:48 PM
To: dev@avalon.apache.org
Cc: infrastructure@apache.org
Subject: Re: CVS repository with corrupt entries ??

Hi infrastructure,

some of the files in avalons CVSes are somewhat corrupt: they contain a
CRCRLF sequence for End-Of-Line, instead of just LF. From a quick glance
this appears to happen in several of the repos, not just 4 avalon. I
would like to run a simple script on the cvs box that fixes all this
(maybe something to trigger on each commit, even?), but I'm still sucky
at perl so I'm having a little trouble coming up with a neat script....

Jörg Schaible wrote:
> using a bash it is quite easier ...
>
> find . -name "*.java" | xargs d2u

if only icarus had dos2unix installed :D

any freebsd or perl wizard who can help out here? IOW, I need the
commandline equiv of

<fixcrlf
     srcdir="/home/cvs/avalon-excalibur"
     includes="**/*.java,v"