avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: Evaluation of Excalibur Phase III Release
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2003 14:38:11 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 22:31, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> > Could you point out exactly where you asked this? I know there is a bit
> > of stuff already in commons that binds to avalon services and there is
> > quite a few people who are interested in supporting avalon based services
> > there. I would say it is much more likely that a wider variety of Avalon
> > users would collaborate there than here.

Funny - the only push back I see is from Costin (no surprise there) and Juozas
Baliuka (and he only objects because of visibility loss). I saw others
supportive of the idea and given how negatively and confrontational you
presented the case there is no surpise really.

Perhaps if you attempted to do it in a non-confrontational way and maybe put a
little effort into working with other Avalon users (James, Cocoon, Turbine)
and got them onboard then I suspect that there would be a lot more support.

> Leave the politic comments out of it.  The reason for the "politics" is
> a direct result of a small number of developers.

nope. It is a result of people having power without ever contributing. Why
would people contribute something when they know that someone else can block
development for fickle, vindictive reasons? And the blockers need never use,
contribute to nor have any intention to contribute to the component at hand.

>  It is a problem I am
> attempting to address/squash--but I need all of your help to do it.

So far I have made several complaints to you on and off list. You have chosen
not to act.

That simple.

--
Cheers,