avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: move jelly service to avalon?
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2003 22:46:48 GMT
On Fri, 25 Apr 2003 06:07, Neeme Praks wrote:
> I need to implement a service for running Jelly scripts in Avalon and
> Robert McIntosh implemented this some time ago
> (http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.jakarta.avalon.devel/9565)...
> currently this code is living is Jelly CVS, however, I would like to
> refactor it (interface/impl separation, etc) and as I do not have commit
> rights to jakarta-commons, I would propose to bring this component to
> Avalon CVS.
>
> What do you think?

Would not it be better to work with the Jelly developers and submit patches to
it there. That way the avalon service can be released in lock-step with jelly
releases and there is no versioning issues with it. It will generally mean it
is better maintained if it is colocated with the product.

If you look at what has been happening lately all the wrappers around external
projects have been migrating out to those projects. Hsql has gone to hsql,
the logger facades are in the process of being moved to underlying toolkits.
So on and so forth

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald