avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: using fortress in/from JBoss
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 12:35:01 GMT

On 22.04.2003 14:00:58 Neeme Praks wrote:
> I'm trying to get my hands dirty again with Avalon in relation to
> "day-work" project I need to do... So, I'm hoping to get some useful
> comments from you and then I'll volunteer to update fortress xdocs also! ;-)
>
> So, some questions:
> * what is the best way to integrate fortress in J2EE container like
> JBoss? Custom MBean/service that initializes Fortress and binds it to JNDI?

I've done that with ECM. I managed to make it work in JBoss but it is
not portable and it's easy to violate the J2EE specs. I still haven't
found a really good way of using Avalon stuff in EJBs. But by all means
look in the mailing list archives. We've had discussions on this topic
about a year ago. No Fortress-specifics but it may still help.

Jeremias Maerki