avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: cvs commit: avalon-logkit/src/java/org/apache/log ContextMap.java
Date Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:36:17 GMT
On Mon, 21 Apr 2003 23:06, Peter Royal wrote:
> Is this documented as a coding standard?

no idea :) We basically just follow the MS standards except we start with
lowercase letters.

> I thought the java convention was for static variables to be in all
> uppercase?

The java/MS/most of the world standard is to use UPPERCASE and '_' as word
separators for constants. In the java-world this equates to static final
immutable objects. However ThreadLocals are not immutable and are thus not
constants and thus we default back to marking it as class variable with c_
prefix.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald