avalon-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <pe...@realityforge.org>
Subject Re: sandbox-[avalon5/resolver]
Date Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:08:37 GMT
On Wed, 16 Apr 2003 22:41, Berin Loritsch wrote:
> Provide some edumication--Avalon 5 is a long term proposal that is not
> likely to see the light of day for a long time.  As to axing code
> because "several worried people" are asking about when we would be
> deprecating Avalon4" is not a good argument.  If the code makes sense
> when we get a chance to work on it, we can keep it.  If it doesn't,
> then we axe it at that time.  Right now, it represents our thoughts in
> the past on what A5 would look like.  It is valuable information,
> but only needs the proper disclaimers.

Unless it is live code that we are going to support and maintain I don't think
it should be kept in CVS. As it stands it is basically your ideas on
resolvers and my ideas on restructuring of Framework. Neither are hard to
reproduce if we ever get around to AF5 and even then we can always retrieve
it from CVS history.

What advantage do you see in actually keeping it in live mode rather than in
history?

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald